Be sure to include the appropriate Acknowledgement and Disclaimer, as needed, in your publication per requirements from the DOE.
This must be on all Scientific/Technical Publications:
This manuscript has been authored by Fermi Research Alliance, LLC under Contract No. DE-AC02-07CH11359 with the U.S. Department of Energy, Office of Science, Office of High Energy Physics.
Work supported by the Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory, managed and operated by Fermi Research Alliance, LLC under Contract No. DE-AC02-07CH11359 with the U.S. Department of Energy. The U.S. Government retains and the publisher, by accepting the article for publication, acknowledges that the U.S. Government retains a non-exclusive, paid-up, irrevocable, world-wide license to publish or reproduce the published form of this manuscript, or allow others to do so, for U.S. Government purposes.
Collaborations, please use:
This document was prepared by [COLLABORATION NAME] using the resources of the Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory (Fermilab), a U.S. Department of Energy, Office of Science, HEP User Facility. Fermilab is managed by Fermi Research Alliance, LLC (FRA), acting under Contract No. DE-AC02-07CH11359.
This can be covered when the Fermilab Technical Publications Officer signs the publisher’s copyright form:
The U.S. Government retains and the publisher, by accepting the article for publication, acknowledges that the U.S. Government retains a non-exclusive, paid-up, irrevocable, world-wide license to publish or reproduce the published form of this manuscript, or allow others to do so, for U.S. Government purposes.
Transfer of Copyright Agreement
- All Transfer of Copyright Agreements must be signed by the Fermilab Technical Publications Office. This is required by our contract with DOE and gives us the right to make the information contained in the Scientific/Technical Publication freely available on Fermilab’s Technical Publications web pages without breaking U.S. copyright laws.
- You must upload the Scientific/Technical Publication before the Transfer of Copyright Agreement can be signed.
- Transfer of Copyright Agreements are in two formats, either paper or electronic.
- Paper format ‐ Bring to Technical Publications OfficeWH3SW#358 for signature.
- Electronic format ‐ PRD, PRL, AIP, JINST and other publishers require authors to log in to their websites in order to complete these forms. Do Not complete these forms, forward the email that you received from the publisher to firstname.lastname@example.org and it will be handled for you. IEEE has a box to check that states you do not have authorization to sign. It will then ask you for name, title and email of person who does have the authorization to sign the form ‐ type Kathryn Duerr, Technical Information & Records Administrator, email@example.com 630‐840‐5693
For software and technical data:
Neither the United States nor the United States Department of Energy, nor any of their employees, makes any warranty, express or implied, or assumes any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any data, apparatus, product, or process disclosed, or represents that its use would not infringe privately owned rights.
This computer software was prepared by Fermi Research Alliance, LLC (FRA) and [insert the individual author], hereinafter the Contractor, under Contract No. DE-AC02-07CH11359 with the Department of Energy (DOE). All rights in the computer software are reserved by DOE on behalf of the United States Government and the Contractor as provided in the Contract. You are authorized to use this computer software for Governmental purposes but it is not to be released or distributed to the public. NEITHER THE GOVERNMENT NOR THE CONTRACTOR MAKES ANY WARRANTY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, OR ASSUMES ANY LIABILITY FOR THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE. This notice including this sentence must appear on any copies of this computer software.