Mandatory Requirements for Scientific/Technical Publications per Contract with DOE
NOTE: We are required to submit the final preprint versions of papers accepted by journals to the DOE. Once your paper is accepted, please upload to this system, as a revised version, the final manuscript you sent to the journal. We cannot use the actual publisher’s copy that appears in the journal unless it was published Open Access
To distinguish it, please write “(accepted)” under the Fermilab report number on the title page.
DOE O 241.1B (Dec 13, 2010)
- Dissemination of Knowledge
- To fulfill Fermilab’s contractual requirements with DOE. The number of Scientific/Technical Publications published is listed in annual DOE scorecard reports. Scientific/Technical Publications are Fermilab’s end product
- FRA Employees – this includes Scientific/ Technical Publications that list FRA Employees on the author list
- Guest Scientists, Visitors, Users, and Members of a Collaboration, reporting work done using Fermilab facilities
All Theses and Scientific/Technical Publications written for external distribution
- Doctoral dissertations
- Scientific/Technical Publications
- Preprints intended for publication in a peer-reviewed journal
- Conference reports
- Technical memos documenting equipment or other technology
- Physics notes – short papers not intended for journals or conferences
- Does not include internal notes, posters or slides.
This must be on all Scientific/Technical Publications: Operated by Fermi Research Alliance, LLC under Contract No. DE-AC02-07CH11359 with the United States Department of Energy.
These papers come under the DOE and FRA classification of “work for hire” and all copyright forms must be signed by the Technical Publications Office.
(does not apply to theses)
- ORTA (patent) review: all papers.
- Scientific review: all papers except those of
- the PPD Theory Department
- the theoretical papers of the Center for Particle Astrophysics
— More —
- Request Publication Numbers & Submit Fermilab Publications
- Upload Thesis
- Proposals/Design Reports/Letters of Intent:
email pdf to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Technical Publications Training